Tuesday, August 19, 2014

PowerAM

PowerAM, transmitting from the Netherlands, was logged on 16 August 2014. A selection of pop tunes from the 60s, 70s and 80s, including Lovin' Spoonful - "Daydream Believer", Simple Minds - "Standby Love", "I'm in Love with You", Elton John - "Crocodile Rock", Box Tops - "My Baby Wrote Me A Letter" and Billy Idol - "Don't You Forget About Me", was observed from 18.12 to 18.40 UTC. Reception on 6.220 kHz was (SINPO) 23432 - poor to fair signal strength with clear audio when not affected by droning utility splatter, fading and atmospheric noise.

Reception report was emailed the following day. An eQSL followed on 19 August 2014, along with this message from Marcel at PowerAM: "Thanks for your email again. Sorry for the late response. I put a few pictures at my station. I am 49 years old and am working stations for 40 years -- now half a year on shortwave. I always turned on the fm with 10 kw power; about 50 watts is on shortwave. There will certainly be a heavier transmitter...Thanks for your email and stay connected."


*Logged using remote SRD receiver at University of Twente, the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment