Sunday, August 10, 2014

Radio Tango Italia

Radio Tango Italia*, transmitting from Italy, was logged on 10 August 2014. As the name of the station would imply, uninterrupted tango music with one station ID was heard from 17.10 to 17.45 UTC. Reception on 6.245 kHz was (SINPO) 34333 -- fair signal strength with moderate QRM, atmospheric noise and slight fading, otherwise audible and discernible speech and music was observed.

Reception report was emailed on the same day. On 11 August 2014, Tony at Radio Tango Italia replied with a very nice eQSL and email describing his TXer and antenna:  "I have homemade/homebrew solid state pll transmitter with 150W/250W of carrier and the modulation is a AM/DSB and so the power P.e.P. is about 600/1000W; the antenna is a folded dipole (gain 3 dB!) for 48mb in "V" inverted -- all homebrew from me! My location is in center of Italy. I hope that you appreciate my e-qsl. Ciao ciao, my friend."

Email:
libertango58@libero.it

*Logged using remote SRD receiver at University of Twente, the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment