Monday, June 15, 2020

Unboxing New Toys From DX Engineering


The toys? The Alinco DX-R8T and Alinco DM-30E power supply. Both items shipped from DX Engineering in Ohio (USA) on 20 May 2020. The equipment arrived in Malaysia  on 4 June 2020. Both parcels sat in Malaysian Customs for nearly two weeks due to Public Holidays and Covid-19 related delays.

Overall, I have to say my experience with DX Engineering was very good. I was able to track the shipping throughout en route to Malaysia, using UPS i-Parcel.  There were other means of shipping, but rather than go directly to Malaysian Customs and hassel with them, I paid the Customs fee in advance using UPS i-Parcel. DX Engineering packed the equipment well, boxes stayed in tact and equipment arrived safely. They definitely seem to know how to get their equipment to overseas radio hobbyists.  I do recommend DX Engineering.

Now as for the equipment, I've powered up the radio with the power supply and all seems to be perfect. I've yet to thoroughly scan the bands, which I definitely will be doing in the days ahead and will offer my first impressions in future.


No comments:

Post a Comment