Wednesday, December 6, 2017

All India Radio Diphu (Assam)

All India Radio Diphu / Akashvani Diphu in Karbi Anglong District, Assam was logged on the medium-wave frequency of 1584 kHz under poor conditions with a SINPO of 14221. While terribly weak, I believe this 1 kW station did manage to reach Malaysia. I am aware many AIR stations, particularly AIR Mon, operate on this frequency as well, sometimes carrying the same national programming. Nevertheless, I suspect the transmission I received was indeed from AIR Diphu, based on my relatively close geographic location to Assam and, more importantly, the northeasterly direction to which the station's signal was best received. In any case, classical Indian music and news from All India Radio was observed from 17.05 till 17.31 UTC, on 11 November 2017.

Reception report, along with an audio file, was emailed and posted to Spectrum Management in subesquent days. QSL card arrived in the mail on 7 December 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment