Wednesday, July 13, 2016

QSL in the Mail


Mail from the Caribbean region arrived in the letterbox today: a QSL card from Radio Miami International (WRMI) and a pocket calendar from Radio Habana Cuba. The former is a verification for a Radio Ukraine International broadcast via WRMI in Okeechobee (USA). Although it is for one of their first broadcasts, way back in September 2014, it is good see the dedication WRMI in responding to their listeners. The latter item, a souvenir pocket calendar, commemorates the 90th birthday of Fidel Castro. A few months before his birthday, RHC contacted me and inquired whether I wished to receive this calendar. I replied that I did want it. Love him or hate him, Fidel remains and will be remembered as a political giant of the late 20th century. I'm sure this little calendar will be quite the souvenir, long after he and I are both gone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment